<$BlogRSDUrl$>

6.01.2006

Mother's Day
Kid: Miss, is the library going to be open tomorrow?
Me: Yes, but it's closed on Friday.
Kid: Oh, 'cause they told us at school that some libraries may be closed tomorrow because it's Mother's Day in Mexico.

First Date
I've been talking to a 4th grader - she got asked out by a boy for the first time today. They are going on a "date" Friday. I was joking and telling her she should come to the library so I could check him out and see if he "passes the test". She says, "He did, I passed the math part and he passed the reading."

Priceless
It hasn't happened much lately, but every now and then I have to tell the kids not to put the cords from the head phones in the their mouth. I'm working on the laptop in the center, so I've been in here a while. I told a kid about an hour ago to not put the cord in his mouth. Wouldn't you know another kid just sat down at the SAME computer, I looked up and he has the cord in his mouth! I just started laughing and told him a kid just had it in his mouth...the look on the kids face was priceless. Don't think I'll have to worry about him putting it in his mouth anymore!

College Bound
I just found out that one of my high school kids was valedictorian of his class and he got a full ride to college!! Whenever he was here, he was either doing homework or scholarship research. That just makes my day!

Summer Reading Program
Two teenage boys just came in and said, "Miss, can we sign up for that reading thing yet?" The program materials were sitting on my desk and I said sure since I had the stuff. They were all excited and were like, "Can we start reading now?"

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?