<$BlogRSDUrl$>

3.31.2004

When Bad Things Happen to Good Aliens

Awhile ago (perhaps 2 months or so) we had a claymation class. The woman who taught the class brought an enormous variety of colored clay that the kids could use to create whatever their little creative minds could think of. Most of the kids got really into it. One girl, however, couldn't think of anything. So instead of creating things for her animation, she set out to make a clay version of a cartoon alien that i had created during a previous cartoon writing class. She painstakingly created the alien and it was identical to mine. Then she gave it to me. She had made it for me!!!! What a sweetheart! It was very sweet and I loved it. I loved it so much i kept it on permanent display on the top of my computer monitor.

This is where it all fell apart.

You see, I have a desk that is in the public area of the library. Nothing protects my desk from nosy patrons, destructive kids, or whatever else people can throw my way. During the day i'm usually up and down and around helping kids going back to my desk, getting up to find books, going back to desk, etc etc. Today I was helping a kid with his homework and as i get back to my desk i find a small three or four year old kid doing his own primitive version of alien autoposy on my desk stabbing my poor helpless clay alien repeatedly with a pencil. I run over and as soon as he spots me he runs away and sits on his mothers lap. What a little shit! Needless to say my alien was beyond recuscitation.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?