<$BlogRSDUrl$>

10.16.2003

It's 25 minutes before the library closes and a girl comes in needing to type her paper (it's already written out). She gets on the computer and begins to slowly peck. The mother rushes in and asks 1) if I can type and 2) can I type her daughter's paper. I tell her that yes I can type but no I cannot type her daughter's paper for her. The mother then begins to ask the other kids if they can type her daughter's paper. She even sends her 6-year-old son to ask the same thing of the circulation staff. All the meanwhile I'm trying not to roll my eyes and debating with myself on whether or not I should say something. The mother finally manages to snag a teenager. The teen finishes in 15 minutes (it was only a dozen sentences) and prints it out. The mother gathers her stuff and children and, as she leaves the area, thanks me and says, "Oh, I spilled something on the chair. But don't worry, it's only water."

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?